Description and Applications
This extra capacity heavy duty transmission oil pan fits the GM
6L80, 6L80E transmissions. PML designed this pan for 2006 and newer
Chevrolet and GM trucks and SUVs, such as Silverado, Sierra, and
This pan features:
- Extra capacity
- Fins and aluminum construction to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
This pan fits the GM 6L80, 6L80E transmission, typically found on these vehicles:
- Avalanche 1500, 2008 & newer
- Hummer H2, H2 SUT, 2004-2007, V8 6.2L
- Cadillac SRX 2008-2009, V8 4.4L or V8 4.6L
- Escalade ESV, EXT 2006-2009, V8 6.0L or V8 6.2L
- Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 2008 and newer, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
- Sierra 1500, 2500, 3500 2008 and newer, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
- Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 2006-2007, V8 6.0L or V8 6.2L
- Sierra 1500, 2500, 3500 2006-2007, V8 6.0L or V8 6.2L
- Silverado 1500 SS, 2006-2007, V8 6.0L or V8 6.2L
- Sierra Denali, 2006-2007, V8 6.0L or V8 6.2L
- Suburban 1500 and 2500, 2008 and newer V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L (includes HD)
- Tahoe 2008 and newer, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L
- Yukon 2008 and newer, V8 5.3L or V8 6.0L (includes 1500, 2500, XL)
- Yukon Denali, 2007 and newer, V8 6.2L
Trucks and SUVs have a variety of configurations. Look at yours
before you order to verify your transmission and clearance. If you have
skidplates or require a lower profile pan, check our stock capacity pan for the 6L80, 6L80E.
Camaro, Corvette, G8 and some Cadillacs also have the 6L80,
6L80E transmission. Please see PML's low profile pan as cars
genenerally do not have the clearance for a larger, deep pan.
In many cases, you will need to drop the exhaust to install this
pan. You would need to drop the exhaust to service the transmission
with the stock pan as three bolts are not otherwise accessible. See
installation images below that show the routing of the exhaust.
This pan can be modified for pan filling. Please call or email if you want this deep pan and need to fill through the pan.
Filter and Gasket Information
PML transmission pans work with stock filters, easily available
from your favorite auto parts store. Because the pan is deeper than
stock, filter supports are cast in. A deeper filter or extension is not
needed since the transmission fluid is at the same level with a PML pan
as with the stock pan. An image showing the inside of the pan and the
filter supports is shown at left.
This transmission pan works with stock gaskets.
PML designed this pan to accommodate the reuseable factory gasket.
Please make sure the gasket is clean and free of any holes or nicks to
Temperature Sensor Information
Three bosses are provided that can be machined for use with
aftermarket sensors and gages. If you would like PML to machine a boss
on this pan for a temperature sensor, the machining charge is $40 and
this option must be ordered over the phone. The boss can accomodate 1/8
to 1/2 NPT. Let us know which location you prefer and what size to
machine. The bosses can also be used as alternate drain plug locations.
2010 GMC 1500 Denali at Leon's Transmissions
in Garden Grove, 714-534-3300, installed a black powder coated deep
6L80 pan on a 2010 GMC 1500 Denali. To get the pan installed, they
loosened and dropped the exhaust. Leon's also installed a PML differential cover on the truck.
See more pictures on our facebook page. You do not have to join facebook to view.
Steve installed this pan on his 2011 Chevrolet Avalance LTZ 4WD 5.3
liter with a 6L80E transmission. The first image shows the stock pan
and the exhaust crossover pipe. The center and right images show the PML
pan installed. Steve loosened both exhaust flanges at the manifolds to
allow the exhaust crossover pipe to drop down about a half an inch.
This provided room for removing the stock pan and installing the PML
pan. He captured 5.3 quarts of fluid and refilled with 8 quarts. Steve
said "The fit and finish of your pans are incredible. I followed the
instructions provided and reused the silicone gasket from the stock
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Dave installed our 6L80 transmission pan on his 2007 Cadillac
Escalade EXT AWD, 6.2 liter engine. He got the pan in the cast finish
then painted it engine semi gloss black and sanded off the high points.
For the installation, the exhaust had to be off the manifolds on both
sides to get clearance for the pan. For the stock pan, only the right
side needed to be off. He used the stock reusable gasket. He saw a
temperature drop of 10F, no towing, no other modifications.