The PML pan for the 42rle transmission has a low profile as many
vehicles with this transmission have clearance issues with skid plates,
exhaust routing, or cross frame members.
This tranny pan features fins, cast aluminum construction, mounting
hardware, and magnetic drain plug. The drain hole and magnetic drain
plug allow for easier oil changes since the fluid can be drained without
pulling the pan. The cast aluminum construction and fins provide for
cooling. The pan has a bit more capacity than the stock pan, which also
helps lower transmission fluid temperatures. The cast aluminum
construction gives the pan thick walls and a thick gasket flange for
strength and a secure seal.
PML 42rle transmission pan compared to stock pan. This view shows the driver's side of the pan.
PML designed this transmission pan in response to customer demand
for a replacement for the stock pan on Wrangler, Liberty, Dakota and
Durango SUVs/trucks. Thanks to those who helped us during design and
This cast aluminum transmission pan for the 42RLE transmission fits many vehicles.
PML tested the pan on these Jeeps:
- Jeep Wrangler TJ 2003 to 2006 (inline 4 or 6 cylinder engine) - this includes the TJ Wrangler Rubicon model
- Jeep Liberty KJ and KK all years with this transmission (some
Liberty models have 5–45RFE transmission which has 15 bolts on the pan)
PML's 42rle transmission pan should fit these Dodge and Mitsubishi vehicles:
- Dodge Dakota 2004 & newer with V6
- Dodge Durango 2004 to 2009 with V6
- Dodge Ram 2007 & newer with V6
- Mitsubishi Raider 2007 & 2008 with V6
PML's 42rle transmission pan may fit:
- Jeep Wrangler JK 2007 & newer with V6 engine. These newer
Wranglers have the exhaust routed close to the transmission pan. There
are three bolts that are difficult to access. We have had a customer
install this pan on a Wrangler JK 2010 4 door and to make access easier,
he loosened the transmission mount and jacked it up to provide access.
- Chrysler 300 (not 300C) 2005 to present
- Dodge Charger 2006 to present
- Dodge Magnum SE/SXT 2005 to 2009/2008
- Dodge Nitro 3.7L 2007 to present
- Dodge Challenger V6 2009
Please check your truck or SUV to verify the transmission pan shape
and look for clearance. This transmission has 13 bolts holding the pan
onto the valve body. The 42RE transmission, which also is found on Jeep
and Dodge trucks/SUVs, has 14 bolts and is PML part number 9862. The Dodge 5-45RFE transmission is found on some Liberty models has 15 bolts and is PML part number 10304